Insurance Ireland is the representative body for insurance companies in Ireland. Its 140 members include insurers serving both the domestic market and writing business overseas from a base in Ireland. Employing more than 15,000 people directly, Insurance Ireland’s members write more than 95% of all life and non-life insurance business in Ireland. Insurance Ireland’s mission is to represent and enable the development of the insurance sector for its customers, members and the broader economy. www.insuranceireland.eu
- Leveraging the expertise that exists within the team and across the industry, the Chief Executive will be an inspirational leader, who will bring strong strategic, representative and operational capabilities to the organisation.
- Working closely with the President and Board, the CEO will lead the organisation and will engage with key stakeholders in order to maintain Insurance Ireland as the voice of the sector.
- Core to this is building and maintaining deep and enduring relationships with members to fully understand the key business issues and priorities and to ensure that II maintains its proactive, responsive, strategic, constructive and respected position as a representative body.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership position with at least 10 years in a commercial or public enterprise or membership based organisation.
- Personal credibility with the capability to advise and influence at senior level on economic and sector matters will be essential.
- Possessing well-honed commercial and stakeholder management skills, coupled with a proven track record of leadership and influencing, the appointee will be an exceptional communicator, who will champion the ambitions of the industry at time of ongoing change and tremendous opportunity.
To be part of a dynamic and successful organisation that supports an incredibly important and vibrant industry, please e-mail a detailed curriculum vitae with a two page position paper, indicating how you would meet the requirements of the position.
Please reply with full details to: John Glenny, reference Insurance Ireland.
Tel: +353 1 2066700
Closing date: 25th October 2019.