Chief Operations Officer, Dublin, Ireland
The Central Bank of Ireland
The Central Bank of Ireland’s mission is to serve the public interest by maintaining monetary and financial stability whilst ensuring that the financial system operates in the best interest of consumers and the wider economy. Its vision is to be a central bank that is trusted by the public, respected by its peers and a fulfilling workplace for its people.
The Central Bank’s new strategy recognises the accelerating pace of change in the environment in which it operates. This requires it to continue to evolve, transforming its work and how it operates, while strengthening the resilience of the financial system, enhancing protections for consumers and investors and supporting economic policy development.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a member of the Central Bank of Ireland’s Executive Leadership Team, which has overall responsibility for delivery of the Bank’s strategy. The role holder will oversee the Finance & Business Performance, Information Management and Technology, Human Resources, Currency, Workplace and Regulatory Services Functions.
The COO is appointed by the Central Bank Governor.
The COO reports directly to the Governor and has responsibility for carrying out functions assigned by the Central Bank Commission.
The successful candidate will have:
- Held significant senior leadership roles with general and financial responsibility in an organisation of comparable scale and complexity.
- Cutting-edge strategic capability with experience of delivering transformation and change programmes with a complex technology element.
- Extensive senior management experience of leading and managing large cross-functional teams of professionals.
- Experience managing and leading complex Information Technology functions of large organisations.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders in public, private and international institutions, and organisations.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the Central Bank’s Executive Leadership team, make a significant contribution to delivering on the Bank’s important mandate and serve the public of Ireland.
For further detail and a confidential discussion, you may contact Ruth Curran, Managing Partner MERC Partners | Spencer Stuart, or Ben Hall on +353 86 011 3439. Applicants are invited to submit a cv and cover letter in strict confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 21 August 2022